479-361-5847 or 1-800-394-0249
5835 W. Sunset Avenue, Springdale, AR 72762
Hope Cancer Resources is a local nonprofit that provides direct services to patients living or being treated in Northwest Arkansas through a variety of programs. Hope Cancer Resources partners with Highlands Oncology Group, PA to provide professional oncology social work services to cancer patients. In addition, Hope Cancer Resources provides the following direct services for patients and their families:
- Prescription Assistance – Hope Cancer Resources assists patients with the process of completing paperwork to receive any medication related to their cancer treatment through pharmaceutical company programs. Hope Cancer Resources will also buy medications directly for patients during waiting periods, for drugs without program and/or for those with high co-pays. Hope Cancer Resources will assist patients with up to $500 worth of medications.
- Emergency Assistance – Hope Cancer Resources offers an emergency assistance program that seeks to bridge the gap for patients facing financial difficulty due to their illness. Hope Cancer Resources can help with up to $800 in assistance to cover such things as housing needs (rent, mortgage, home owners insurance, some utilities) or transportation needs (gas, car payments, car insurance, travel to out-of-town treatment). Emotional Assistance – Through professional social workers, Hope Cancer Resources is able to offer a continuum of emotional services ranging from crisis intervention, resource mobilization, supportive counseling and psychosocial counseling one-on-one or through support groups – all at no cost to the patient. Our emotional services are available to patients, family members and/or caregivers. Spanish Interpretation – Hope Cancer Resources provides a Spanish interpreter to assist patients during appointments as requested by patients and their caregivers.
- Tobacco Cessation – A Certified Heath Education Specialist at Hope Cancer Resources will meet one-on-one with patients to talk about strategies and resources to help you quit using tobacco producs.
- Transportation – Hope Cancer Resources provides transportation to and from treatment when no other assistance is available.
The cancer support and education programs of Hope Cancer Resources are supported in part through grants by the American Cancer Society, Cancer Challenge, Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Winthrop Rockefeller Cancer Institute Auxiliary and the Walmart Foundation.
Washington Regional / J.B. Hunt Cancer Support Home488 E. Longview Street Fayetteville, AR 72703 479-404-2162 Website: Cancer Support Home
The Cancer support home exists to provide hope and comfort to those on a cancer journey. We are grant and donation funded. All programs and services offered through the Cancer Support Home are provided at no cost.
- Boutique – Our boutique is stocked with wigs, hats, scarves, and post-mastectomy supplies including bras and breast forms. We offer a variety of sizes and styles to meet the needs of our clients. Our staff provides assistance in a comfortable and private setting. All items are provided at no cost to our clients.
- Guest Rooms – Guest rooms are available for out-of-town cancer patients who are undergoing treatments and/or hospitalization. These rooms, available at the Cancer Support Home in Fayetteville only, are also offered to family members accompanying a patient. If a patient is receiving cancer treatment at any area facility, one support person may stay overnight with the patient. When a patient is hospitalized, two support people may stay overnight at the home. This program is provided for patients upon referral and is based upon room availability.
- Breast Cancer Patient Navigator – The Breast Care Navigator provides individualized guidance to women recently diagnosed with breast cancer. The Navigator follows women diagnosed with breast cancer throughout every aspect of treatment, aiding in dispelling fear, linking to financial and quality of life support resources, and being a comfort and friend to patients and their families. In addition, the breast cancer patient navigator has some limited funds for direct financial assistance for breast cancer patients in their service area.
Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
877-272-6226 // pancan.org
The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (PanCAN) is dedicated to fighting the world’s toughest cancer. PanCAN attacks pancreatic cancer on all fronts: research, clinical initiatives, patient services and advocacy. This effort is amplified by a nationwide network of grassroots support. PanCAN is determined to improve patient outcomes today and to double survival by 2020.
PanCAN’s Patient Central is a one-to-one call center that provides free, personalized information about the disease and support services, including:
- In-depth educational materials
- Know Your Tumor® precision medicine service, providing information about the biology of your tumor through molecular profiling
- Personalized clinical trial searches
- Survivor & Caregiver Network, connecting patients and their loved ones with others who have been in their shoes
- Lists of support resources in your area
- Webinars on a variety of topics, presented by specialists
- Patient Registry, an online database created to look for patterns that will lead to improved outcomes for pancreatic cancer patients – powered by patient and caregiver experiences
American Cancer Society 5434 W. Walsh Lane #100 Rogers, AR, 72758 Phone: 479-246-0002, www.cancer.org — American Cancer Society is a national organization serving Northwest Arkansas through an office in Springdale. The American Cancer Society is the nationwide community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from cancer, through research, education, advocacy, and service.
- Road to Recovery Road to Recovery is a service program where volunteers provide transportation for cancer patients to their treatments and home again. Transportation is provided according to the needs and available resources in the community.
- Hotel Partners Program This program offers financial assistance with hotel rooms for patients receiving treatment far from home. For more information and to request hotel lodging, click here.
- Other Resources The American Cancer Society’s local office also has breast prosthesis and accessories, wigs and a wide variety of educational information for cancer patients and their families.
Hats and Wigs for Purchase
- Women’s Pavilion in Rogers 479-936-7050 Special Discount for Highlands Oncology Patients: All wigs are Buy 1 Get 1 Free or Buy 1 at 40% Off.
- Tender Loving Care through the American Cancer Society 1-800-850-9445 www.tlccatalog.org – Call to request a catalog of their products.
- With Grace and Wigs Salon 1336 Carley Rd Springdale, Arkansas 72762
Patient Resource Connections
An excellent source of transportation, medical services, care at home, and other local health-care related resources.
HPV Vax Facts
Know the facts about the HPV Vaccine